Sunday, October 17, 2010

Rainy Day Wedding

With all the autumn weddings I've been doing lately, I thought I would share one I did last October. 
Cindy and Tim were married in Ludlow and held their reception at the Echo Lake Inn. Colors were all deep red and orange. The flowers were simple and elegant using only orange and red calla lilies, gold mokara orchids and cymbidium orchids. 
Bride's bouquet below.
It happened to be raining most of the day, a nice gentle warm rain, which is supposed to be good luck in some cultures. I ran into Lucas DeSousa, their photographer, during delivery and he was kind of excited it was raining and mentioned autumn colors look so much more rich and vibrant on a rainy, overcast day than on a bright sunny one. There are some great shots he took that day on his blog. Check it out and see if you agree! I wasn't familiar with Lucas before this wedding, but after seeing his work, I highly recommend him!

Thanks Lucas for the great photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment