Friday, October 8, 2010

Autumn Inspired Elegance

 Wedding days are sometimes bittersweet for me. After months of emailing and meetings, I tend to get kind of attached to my couples! I am so happy for them when their big day finally arrives, when months of hard work come together to present a beautiful wedding day as planned. It also makes me a little sad to know that other than a thank you, I most likely will never see them again. 
Chris and Meghan were one of those great couples! I met Meghan almost a year and a half ago at the Okemo Bridal show, and Chris at our first consultation. They had a vision for their wedding day and were both so easy to work with. Plus I could tell right away that these two were made for each other! They were married in Ludlow and held their reception at the beautiful and elegant Castle Hill Resort. With the wedding being the first weekend in October, colors were definitely autumn inspired. Meghan carried a bouquet of mostly burgundy calla lilies shown below, while her 8 attendants wore cinnamon colored dresses and carried bouquets made with orange and deep yellow calla lilies. For some resaon I completely forgot to snap a couple photos of the attendant bouquets! 
The church was decorated with two large arrangements on the altar with orange mokara orchids and greenery tied to every third pew.
Small galvanized pails were hung on the reserved first two pews on each side. 
Decoration for the cocktail hour included a large arrangement on the mantle displayed with family wedding photos. Four bud vases were set on each cocktail table on the terrace.
The fountain on the pathway to the tent was adorned with a spray of orchids and floating rose petals.

Each light along the pathway had a rose tied to it.

Small white pumpkins were used as place cards and vases were placed at the back of the table to hold the attendant bouquets.
I decorated the tent poles with branches and mixed fall flowers. I love this look! 
Half the tables held flower arrangements of mixed fall roses, orchids, hypericum berries and safari sunset.
The other tables had plain vases with floating candles and orchid flowers sprinkled around.
A garland of greenery and flowers were placed on the DJ table.
I had so much fun with this wedding! 
Meg and Chris, I know the best is yet to come!
Congratulations.

No comments:

Post a Comment